Nottingham – Salary £27k – £29k depending on experience
We are representing a fantastic forward thinking company who work across automotive, Motorsport, wind energy, off road, rail, marine and aerospace.
They have a real passion for what they do, how they develop their staff and who have ambitious plan.
Due to continued expansion, an opportunity exists for Graduate Application Engineers to join a dynamic Engineering Team based in Nottingham.
The Graduate Application Engineers will join a fast growing, award-winning company with offices all over the World.
They develop the world’s leading software for rotating machinery and electro-mechanical systems to enable simulation-led design.
They count some of the World’s major automotive, motorsport, aerospace and renewable energy companies as customers and close technology partners.
They are at the forefront of designing and delivering the next generation of energy efficient drive and power generation systems; including multi-megawatt wind turbines and electric vehicle powertrains.
We are looking for talented and charismatic graduate engineers who would be passionate about problem solving for other engineers using our software. You must be a quick learner with proven analytical and communication skills.
This role will initially be mainly desktop based but will grow into a more customer facing role with opportunity for you to travel to some of our European customers.
What our client offers:
They offer a fantastic benefits package of great training and development as well as a competitive salary, annual bonus worth up to 15% of your salary, 26 days holiday, flexible working, early finish on Fridays, BUPA private health insurance, company pension, life assurance, income protection, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle scheme, Computer scheme, regular social events, free lunch for all staff every other month and free fruit, tea and coffee every day!
As a Graduate Application Engineer, your main responsibilities are:
- Address all product-related queries on time via telephone/e-mail, and support web portal, maintaining an excellent standard of customer services.
- Manage customer expectations with regards to addressing and resolving issues within agreed time frames
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Deliver basic software training courses to customers
- Execute engineering projects
- Software rollout to customers, including licensing.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams, whilst keeping the customer up to date.
- Travel occasionally to customer sites.
Skills & Experience Required
- BEng (2:1 or higher) Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering
- CAE experience to support mechanical design and optimisation
- High level of analytical ability and strong engineering judgment in developing solutions to engineering problems
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an understanding of customer needs.
- Excellent ability and willingness to learn new skills as necessary
- First class attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company with a great environment and career opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Enquiry Form below.
You can also keep up to date with our latest news and vacancies on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter: