Nottingham – Salary £80k – £100k depending on experience + annual bonus + relocation package
We are representing a fantastic forward thinking company who work across automotive, motorsport, wind energy, off road, rail, marine and aerospace.
They have a real passion for what they do, how they develop their staff and who have ambitious plan.
Due to continued expansion, an opportunity exists for Chief Engineer, Systems & Controls to join a dynamic team based in Nottingham.
The Chief Engineer will join a fast growing, award-winning company with offices all over the World. They develop the world’s leading software for rotating machinery and electro-mechanical systems to enable simulation-led design.
They count some of the World’s major automotive, motorsport, aerospace and renewable energy companies as customers and close technology partners.
They are at the forefront of designing and delivering the next generation of energy efficient drive and power generation systems; including multi-megawatt wind turbines and electric vehicle powertrains.
An opportunity now exists to lead the Hybrid and Electrical Systems business unit. The position would involve leadership (both technical and line management) and deliver on-going client projects working in the area of HEV & EV Systems. It is essential you have Electric Vehicle experience.
The Chief Engineer, Systems & Controls will be based in Nottingham and primarily responsible for leading the business’ system and controls function, IP creation and e-drive proposal and project delivery activities – particularly in control systems and associated technologies.
Your everyday tasks will include the provision of:
- Technical and commercial leadership for systems and controls engineering capability
- Compelling project proposals that demonstrate value to our customers
- Ownership for project delivery
- Strong liaison with other functional heads to ensure strong integration
Accountability / Key Responsibilities:
- To lead technical teams and deliver client projects
- Technical leadership of the controls team
- Day-to-day line-management of engineers & supporting resource planning
- Provide project technical leadership for projects within the controls area
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues
- Focus on delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
- Support Sales Teams in through client interaction, proposal support and roadmap development
- Promotion of company capability throughout the global customer base
- Drive the development of future products and services
What we’re looking for:
You are a degree qualified, and ideally chartered, electrical and/or electronics engineer with a significant track record in control systems, hybridisation and product design & application.
In return, our client can offer you an opportunity to broaden your ability and reward you with increased levels of responsibility and ownership. In order to be successful, you should demonstrate:
- Your experience in control systems for Hybrid vehicle systems and extensive experience in the application of these systems in production projects
- Your analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Your fluency in model-based development languages (Matlab/Simulink, Embedded Coder, Targetlink, ASCET) and an understanding of C-Code
- Your history of defining and preparing winning proposals, with the ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships at senior level and profitable revenue streams
- Your understanding of project delivery within a systems engineering environment and familiarity with the delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation.
- Your ability to plan and deliver projects within budget and within the scoped time
- Your real passion for crafting new ideas and promoting business cases for patent application
- Your enthusiastic and self-motivated personality, which compliments your drive and dedication to deliver technically challenging projects
- Flexibility on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, organizational, oral communication, and written communication skills and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
You will have the opportunity to learn and develop through the shared knowledge and experience of many talented and gifted colleagues. You need to have a strong engineering background and be highly motivated and can quickly learn and understand both electrical and mechanical technical matters.
A relocation package could be offered for the right candidate.
What ‘s on offer:
The opportunity for continuous professional development, supporting you on the journey towards Chartership with the Imeche and IET.
My client offers a fantastic benefits package of great training and development as well as a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday, flexible working, BUPA private health insurance, company pension, life assurance, income protection, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle scheme, Computer scheme, regular social events, and free fruit, tea and coffee every day!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To apply, please email email@example.com or use the Enquiry Form below.
You can also keep up to date with our latest news and vacancies on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter: