ADSA was formed in 1985 for the purpose of ensuring that its member companies offer superior levels of safety for pedestrian automatic doors.
ADSA exists to promote the highest standards in automatic doors and to help specifiers and customers obtain the best solution for their requirements. ADSA first developed the industry code of practice. This covers the safety aspects of automatic doors for pedestrian use. This subsequently formed the basis of BS 7036: 1988, a code of practice for provision and installation of safety devices for automatic, power operated pedestrian door systems.
With advances in technology and the introduction of new safety devices, ADSA then developed to the updated standard BS 7036: 1996 covering safety of powered doors for pedestrian use. This was complemented by a written test taken by anyone involved in the industry who undertakes operations covered by The British Standard.
ADSA is actively involved in the formulation of European-wide standards. This resulted in standard BS EN 16005 – 2012, which replaced BS 7036 in April 2013. All members are fully committed to this standard and its associated testing.
ADSA member companies supply over 75% of the UK market. They can advise on every aspect of automatic doors, from the initial selection and specification, through to installation in order to ensure that clients end up with the right type of door for their particular requirements.
Automatic doors aren’t just aesthetically pleasing. They can help regulate climate control in an entrance area whilst also offering a functional solution for people of all ages and abilities, particularly when viewed in compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Equality Act 2010.
For ADSA our work on technical standards is paramount. We have representatives on technical standard committees including;
MHE/031 Automatic Power Operated Pedestrian Doors
B/538/01 Windows and Doors
B/538/15 Finger Traps
MHE/031 UK Mirror Group
B/559 Access to Buildings for Disabled People
BS 7036-0 Risk assessment for BS EN 16005
Thetford is a market town and civil parish in the Breckland district of Norfolk, England. It is on the A11 road between Norwich and London, just east of Thetford Forest. The civil parish, covering an area of 29.55 km2 (11.41 sq mi), has a population of 24,340.
There has been a settlement at Thetford since the Iron Age, and parts of the town predate the Norman Conquest; Thetford Castle was established shortly thereafter. Roger Bigod founded the Cluniac Priory of St Mary in 1104, which became the largest and most important religious institution in Thetford. The town was badly hit by the dissolution of the monasteries, including the castle's destruction, but was rebuilt in 1574 when Elizabeth I established a town charter. After World War II, Thetford became an "overspill town", taking people from London, as a result of which its population increased substantially. Thetford was the headquarters of Tulip International, large-scale manufacturers of bacon, beef and pork until its closure in 2010.
Thetford railway station is served by the Breckland line and is one of the best surviving pieces of 19th century railway architecture in East Anglia.