- An appropriate professional (or trade) accreditation (e.g. Level 3 City & Guilds 2230 or equivalent apprenticeship, 18th Edition of IEE regulations).
- 2391 Test and Inspection or equivalent.
- A full driving licence.
- Fire Alarm Installation / Maintenance (desirable).
- Emergency lighting maintenance & remedial works (desirable).
- Practical knowledge and experience of electrical maintenance, including power supplies, lighting and alarm systems, motors, controls and portable appliances.
- Both single-phase and three-phase systems.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and keeping abreast of current market trends.
- Door Access Systems (desirable).
- Suggesting and introducing energy efficiency and sustainability measures, methods, products and devices (desirable).
- Sustainability / Energy Management (desirable).
- Working on a large and varied estate (desirable).
- Working in a School or further education environment (desirable).
- Working as a multi-trade team on refurbishment projects (desirable).
- Fire alarm installation and maintenance (desirable).
- A self-motivated, solution-based team player able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good timekeeping.
- Team player.
- Able to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Available for call-out duties.
- An eye for detail and quality and a sympathetic approach to historic buildings.
- Physically fit and able to carry out all duties.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Positive, flexible and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to deal with students, staff and members of the public in a polite and helpful manner.
- Tact and discretion.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
East Anglia in the East of England comprises the four counties of Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex and is close to London. It is well-connected with Europe and the rest of the world through London Stansted Airport, the International Gateway to the East of England. There is also Norwich International Airport and London Southend Airport. The region has an excellent rail service with Greater Anglia, including the Stansted Express.
A recent report shows that East Anglia is home to three out of five of the fastest-growing city economies in the UK. Cambridge topped the list, with Ipswich second and Norwich fifth nationally according to The UK Powerhouse study.
The report reveals that Ipswich had the second-highest rate recorded of GVA growth rate (a measure of the value of goods and services produced) in the UK in the first three months of the year (2.5%), while Norwich enjoyed a growth rate of 2.4%.
Looking forward, the report also predicts the three locations will maintain their top 10 positions by the final quarter of 2028.