- An appropriate professional (or trade) accreditation (e.g. Level 3 City & Guilds 2230 or equivalent apprenticeship, 18th Edition of IEE regulations).
- 2391 Test and Inspection or equivalent.
- A full driving licence.
- Fire Alarm Installation / Maintenance (desirable).
- Emergency lighting maintenance & remedial works (desirable).
- Practical knowledge and experience of electrical maintenance, including power supplies, lighting and alarm systems, motors, controls and portable appliances.
- Both single-phase and three-phase systems.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and keeping abreast of current market trends.
- Door Access Systems (desirable).
- Suggesting and introducing energy efficiency and sustainability measures, methods, products and devices (desirable).
- Sustainability / Energy Management (desirable).
- Working on a large and varied estate (desirable).
- Working in a School or further education environment (desirable).
- Working as a multi-trade team on refurbishment projects (desirable).
- Fire alarm installation and maintenance (desirable).
- A self-motivated, solution-based team player able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good timekeeping.
- Team player.
- Able to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Available for call-out duties.
- An eye for detail and quality and a sympathetic approach to historic buildings.
- Physically fit and able to carry out all duties.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Positive, flexible and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to deal with students, staff and members of the public in a polite and helpful manner.
- Tact and discretion.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Oakham is the county town of Rutland in the East Midlands of England, 25 miles (40.2 km) east of Leicester, 28 miles (45.1 km) south-east of Nottingham and 23 miles (37.0 km) west of Peterborough. It had a population of 10,922 in the 2011 census. Oakham is to the west of Rutland Water, one of Europe's largest man-made lakes, and in the Vale of Catmose. Its height above sea level ranges from 325 ft (99 m) to 400 ft (120 m).
Job location: Oakham
Oakham - £28k to £32k depending on experienceWe are on the hunt for an Electrician to join our client’s Maintenanc...
- Project Manager / Quantity Surveyor
Job location: Oakham
Job salary: Exceptional overall benefits package
We are seeking an ambitious Project Manager / Quantity Surveyor to be the senior building professional responsible f...