You will be responsible for the preparation, spraying and finishing of a wide variety of high end furniture products. The role requires you to inspect, prepare, sand, spray and polish bespoke products in a range of paint, lacquer and specialist finishes.
We are looking for individuals who must have experience with all types of solvent, water-based paint, wood stains, lacquers and other related custom products, especially high gloss, burnished paint, lacquer finishes and metal resins.
You will also be responsible for monitoring materials, control stock levels and place orders with the buying team.
Candidate Responsibilitiesand Duties:
- Prepare items for spraying, including cutting back, sanding, and polishing lacquer to a high standard.
- Working with the production team to discuss finishes and colour requirements.
- Estimate time required for jobs, whilst taking responsibility for finishing furniture to a high standard on time.
- Produce samples and bespoke finishes for customer approval.
- Removing imperfections, repair and correct defects.
- Selecting and applying finishing lubricants such as varnish, stains, paint, resin or shellac.
- Manage Quality control with visual quality checks and report any defects.
- Carry out regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Completing job reports (digital and paper).
- Competent in Health & Safety procedures
- Experienced and skilled in spraying of paint/lacquers, specialist finishes and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of luxury and high-end furniture finishes, working with solid woods, veneers and metal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Background in Furniture finishing, french polishing experience is beneficial.
- Clear communication skills both written and spoken in clear English.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team.
Enthusiastic and co-operative nature.
Boston is a port and market town in Lincolnshire, on the east coast of England, about 100 miles (160 km) north of London. It is the largest town of the wider Borough of Boston local government district. The town itself had a population of 35,124 at the 2001 census, while the borough had a total population of 66,900, at the ONS mid-2015 estimates. It is north of Greenwich on the Prime Meridian.
Boston's most notable landmark is St Botolph's Church ("The Stump"), the largest parish church in England, visible for miles around from the flat lands of Lincolnshire. Residents of Boston are known as Bostonians. Emigrants from Boston named several other settlements around the world after the town, most notably Boston, Massachusetts, in the United States.