You will be responsible for the preparation, spraying and finishing of a wide variety of high end furniture products. The role requires you to inspect, prepare, sand, spray and polish bespoke products in a range of paint, lacquer and specialist finishes.
We are looking for individuals who must have experience with all types of solvent, water-based paint, wood stains, lacquers and other related custom products, especially high gloss, burnished paint, lacquer finishes and metal resins.
You will also be responsible for monitoring materials, control stock levels and place orders with the buying team.
Candidate Responsibilitiesand Duties:
- Prepare items for spraying, including cutting back, sanding, and polishing lacquer to a high standard.
- Working with the production team to discuss finishes and colour requirements.
- Estimate time required for jobs, whilst taking responsibility for finishing furniture to a high standard on time.
- Produce samples and bespoke finishes for customer approval.
- Removing imperfections, repair and correct defects.
- Selecting and applying finishing lubricants such as varnish, stains, paint, resin or shellac.
- Manage Quality control with visual quality checks and report any defects.
- Carry out regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Completing job reports (digital and paper).
- Competent in Health & Safety procedures
- Experienced and skilled in spraying of paint/lacquers, specialist finishes and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of luxury and high-end furniture finishes, working with solid woods, veneers and metal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Background in Furniture finishing, french polishing experience is beneficial.
- Clear communication skills both written and spoken in clear English.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team.
Enthusiastic and co-operative nature.
Fakenham is a market town and civil parish in Norfolk, England. It is situated on the River Wensum, about 25 miles (40 kilometres) north west of Norwich. The town is the junction of several local roads, including the A148 from King's Lynn to Cromer, the A1067 to Norwich and the A1065 to Swaffham.
The civil parish has an area of 3.49 sq mi (9.0 km2) and in the 2001 census had a population of 7,357 in 3,292 households, the population increasing to 7,617 at the 2011 census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of North Norfolk.
Fakenham has been a market town since 1250, particularly known for its corn, barley and wheat trading, and in the 19th century it became noted for its printing. Fakenham Racecourse is a thoroughbred horse racing venue to the south of Fakenham, of which Charles, Prince of Wales is patron.
The town has a long name of Fakenham Lancaster which derives from the ownership of the manor in 1377 being transferred to John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster. The name continues to be used today, including on recently placed history trail plaques around the town, and also the two wards that cover the town, for the purpose of electing councillors to North Norfolk District Council, are called Lancaster North and Lancaster South.