You will be responsible for the preparation, spraying and finishing of a wide variety of high end furniture products. The role requires you to inspect, prepare, sand, spray and polish bespoke products in a range of paint, lacquer and specialist finishes.
We are looking for individuals who must have experience with all types of solvent, water-based paint, wood stains, lacquers and other related custom products, especially high gloss, burnished paint, lacquer finishes and metal resins.
You will also be responsible for monitoring materials, control stock levels and place orders with the buying team.
Candidate Responsibilitiesand Duties:
- Prepare items for spraying, including cutting back, sanding, and polishing lacquer to a high standard.
- Working with the production team to discuss finishes and colour requirements.
- Estimate time required for jobs, whilst taking responsibility for finishing furniture to a high standard on time.
- Produce samples and bespoke finishes for customer approval.
- Removing imperfections, repair and correct defects.
- Selecting and applying finishing lubricants such as varnish, stains, paint, resin or shellac.
- Manage Quality control with visual quality checks and report any defects.
- Carry out regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Completing job reports (digital and paper).
- Competent in Health & Safety procedures
- Experienced and skilled in spraying of paint/lacquers, specialist finishes and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of luxury and high-end furniture finishes, working with solid woods, veneers and metal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Background in Furniture finishing, french polishing experience is beneficial.
- Clear communication skills both written and spoken in clear English.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team.
Enthusiastic and co-operative nature.
Worksop (/ˈwɜːrksɒp/ WURK-sop) is the largest town in the Bassetlaw district of the ceremonial county of Nottinghamshire in the East Midlands of England. Worksop lies on the River Ryton, and is located at the northern edge of Sherwood Forest. Worksop is located 19 miles (31 km) east-south-east of Sheffield, with a population of 41,820. It lies close to Nottinghamshire’s borders with South Yorkshire, and Derbyshire.
Worksop, a market town, has become a commuter town as a result of its geographic location and ease of access to major motorways and rail links.
Worksop is known as the "Gateway to The Dukeries", because of the now four obsolete ducal principal sites of which were closely located next to each other, south of the town. These four ducal locations were; Clumber House, Thoresby Hall, Welbeck Abbey and Worksop Manor. Other houses such as Rufford Abbey and Hodsock Priory are also just a few miles away.
Worksop is twinned with the German town Garbsen.