Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Approval holders provide maintenance services in accordance with Regulation (EU)1321/2014 as retained (and amended in UK domestic law) under the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018
This page includes details and links to regulation, policy and guidance. It will provide approval holders resources to ensure they remain compliant with not only the regulations but also UK policy.
Guidance material provides interpretation or amplify in greater detail certain areas or aspects of regulation and/or policy to allow an approval holder to fully implement quality systems which remain compliant and perform well.
Burton upon Trent, also known as Burton-on-Trent or simply Burton, is a market town in Staffordshire, England, close to the border with Derbyshire. In 2011, it had a population of 72,299. The demonym for residents of the town is 'Burtonian'. Burton is 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Derby, 27 miles (43 km) northwest of Leicester, 28 miles (45 km) west-southwest of Nottingham and 20 miles (32 km) south of the southern entrance to the Peak District National Park.
Burton is known for brewing. The town originally grew up around Burton Abbey. Burton Bridge was also the site of two battles, in 1322 when Edward II defeated the rebel Earl of Lancaster and 1643 when royalists captured the town during the First English Civil War. William Lord Paget and his descendants were responsible for extending the manor house within the abbey grounds and facilitating the extension of the River Trent Navigation to Burton. Burton grew into a busy market town by the early modern period.
The town is served by Burton-on-Trent railway station. The town was also the start and terminus of the now defunct South Staffordshire Line which linked it to Lichfield, Walsall, Dudley and Stourbridge.