Quality Inspector Aerospace
Dimensional and visual quality inspection of machined and fabricated aerospace components
Successful candidates will be familiar in goods receipt inspection of parts and materials from suppliers, raising & actioning supplied product non-conformances and use of multiple company IT systems.
In addition, you will be work closely with Goods Receiving, Supply Chain Quality, Procurement & Engineering Services for Manufacturing to ensure product is progressed through Receipt Inspection process in a timely manner.
• Must have previous experience, dimensional checking within a precision engineering, aerospace or machine shop environment- ideally goods receipt or final inspection
• Be competent at dimensional checking using hand held measuring tools such as Vernier's, Micrometres etc. - Tested at interview
• Must be able to interpret detailed engineering drawings - tested at interview
• Able to work with minimal supervision once fully authorised but also as part of a team.
• Visually inspect items for handling damage, machining errors & surface treatment condition and defects.
• Compliance with all pertinent work procedures & work instructions within the quality manual
• Physical dimensional inspection on all machined/fabricated components using basic inspection tools, including height gauge, Vernier, micrometer, pins, thread gauges, etc.
• Independent review/measurement and verification of product and associated documentation against the work card, relevant inspection plan, purchase order, drawing & specification requirements.
• Produce FAIs (First Article Inspection)
• Receive items into Goods Receipt inspection area, locate items physically and on the company ERP system.
• Verify delivery conformance against supplier end item.
• Raise non-conformance reports on company system when items do not meet requirements.
• Where required the involvement with the investigation into root casue of non-conforming product and the implementation of corrective and preventive action
• Where authorised the signing of release documentation to state the conformity of product
Brigg (/'brɪg/) is a small market town in North Lincolnshire, England, with a population of 5,076 in 2,213 households (2001 UK census), the population increasing to 5,626 at the 2011 census. The town lies at the junction of the River Ancholme and east–west transport routes across northern Lincolnshire. As a formerly important local centre, the town's full name of Glanford Brigg is reflected in the surrounding area and local government district of the same name. The town's urban area includes the neighbouring hamlet of Scawby Brook.