Quality Inspector Aerospace
Dimensional and visual quality inspection of machined and fabricated aerospace components
Successful candidates will be familiar in goods receipt inspection of parts and materials from suppliers, raising & actioning supplied product non-conformances and use of multiple company IT systems.
In addition, you will be work closely with Goods Receiving, Supply Chain Quality, Procurement & Engineering Services for Manufacturing to ensure product is progressed through Receipt Inspection process in a timely manner.
• Must have previous experience, dimensional checking within a precision engineering, aerospace or machine shop environment- ideally goods receipt or final inspection
• Be competent at dimensional checking using hand held measuring tools such as Vernier's, Micrometres etc. - Tested at interview
• Must be able to interpret detailed engineering drawings - tested at interview
• Able to work with minimal supervision once fully authorised but also as part of a team.
• Visually inspect items for handling damage, machining errors & surface treatment condition and defects.
• Compliance with all pertinent work procedures & work instructions within the quality manual
• Physical dimensional inspection on all machined/fabricated components using basic inspection tools, including height gauge, Vernier, micrometer, pins, thread gauges, etc.
• Independent review/measurement and verification of product and associated documentation against the work card, relevant inspection plan, purchase order, drawing & specification requirements.
• Produce FAIs (First Article Inspection)
• Receive items into Goods Receipt inspection area, locate items physically and on the company ERP system.
• Verify delivery conformance against supplier end item.
• Raise non-conformance reports on company system when items do not meet requirements.
• Where required the involvement with the investigation into root casue of non-conforming product and the implementation of corrective and preventive action
• Where authorised the signing of release documentation to state the conformity of product
Cleethorpes (/ˌkliːθɒrps/) is a seaside resort on the estuary of the Humber in North East Lincolnshire, England with a population of nearly 40,000 in 2011. It has been permanently occupied since the 6th century, with fishing as its original industry, then developing into a resort in the 19th century.
The town lies on the Greenwich meridian and its average annual rainfall is amongst the lowest in the British Isles.