Quality Inspector Aerospace
Dimensional and visual quality inspection of machined and fabricated aerospace components
Successful candidates will be familiar in goods receipt inspection of parts and materials from suppliers, raising & actioning supplied product non-conformances and use of multiple company IT systems.
In addition, you will be work closely with Goods Receiving, Supply Chain Quality, Procurement & Engineering Services for Manufacturing to ensure product is progressed through Receipt Inspection process in a timely manner.
• Must have previous experience, dimensional checking within a precision engineering, aerospace or machine shop environment- ideally goods receipt or final inspection
• Be competent at dimensional checking using hand held measuring tools such as Vernier's, Micrometres etc. - Tested at interview
• Must be able to interpret detailed engineering drawings - tested at interview
• Able to work with minimal supervision once fully authorised but also as part of a team.
• Visually inspect items for handling damage, machining errors & surface treatment condition and defects.
• Compliance with all pertinent work procedures & work instructions within the quality manual
• Physical dimensional inspection on all machined/fabricated components using basic inspection tools, including height gauge, Vernier, micrometer, pins, thread gauges, etc.
• Independent review/measurement and verification of product and associated documentation against the work card, relevant inspection plan, purchase order, drawing & specification requirements.
• Produce FAIs (First Article Inspection)
• Receive items into Goods Receipt inspection area, locate items physically and on the company ERP system.
• Verify delivery conformance against supplier end item.
• Raise non-conformance reports on company system when items do not meet requirements.
• Where required the involvement with the investigation into root casue of non-conforming product and the implementation of corrective and preventive action
• Where authorised the signing of release documentation to state the conformity of product
Derby (About this soundlisten) DAR-bee) is a city and unitary authority area in Derbyshire, England. It lies on the banks of the River Derwent in the south of Derbyshire, of which it was traditionally the county town. Derby gained city status in 1977, and by the 2011 census its population was 248,700.
Derby was settled by Romans – who established the town of Derventio – Saxons and Vikings, who made Derby one of the Five Boroughs of the Danelaw. Initially a market town, Derby grew rapidly in the industrial era. Home to Lombe's Mill, an early British factory, Derby has a claim to be one of the birthplaces of the Industrial Revolution. It contains the southern part of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. With the arrival of the railways in the 19th century, Derby became a centre of the British rail industry.
Derby is a centre for advanced transport manufacturing, being home to the world's second largest aero-engine manufacturer: Rolls-Royce. Bombardier Transportation are based at the Derby Litchurch Lane Works and were for many years the UK's only train manufacturers. Toyota Manufacturing UK's automobile headquarters is southwest of the city at Burnaston. To the east lies Nottingham, separated by the M1 motorway.