Quality Inspector Aerospace
Dimensional and visual quality inspection of machined and fabricated aerospace components
Successful candidates will be familiar in goods receipt inspection of parts and materials from suppliers, raising & actioning supplied product non-conformances and use of multiple company IT systems.
In addition, you will be work closely with Goods Receiving, Supply Chain Quality, Procurement & Engineering Services for Manufacturing to ensure product is progressed through Receipt Inspection process in a timely manner.
• Must have previous experience, dimensional checking within a precision engineering, aerospace or machine shop environment- ideally goods receipt or final inspection
• Be competent at dimensional checking using hand held measuring tools such as Vernier's, Micrometres etc. - Tested at interview
• Must be able to interpret detailed engineering drawings - tested at interview
• Able to work with minimal supervision once fully authorised but also as part of a team.
• Visually inspect items for handling damage, machining errors & surface treatment condition and defects.
• Compliance with all pertinent work procedures & work instructions within the quality manual
• Physical dimensional inspection on all machined/fabricated components using basic inspection tools, including height gauge, Vernier, micrometer, pins, thread gauges, etc.
• Independent review/measurement and verification of product and associated documentation against the work card, relevant inspection plan, purchase order, drawing & specification requirements.
• Produce FAIs (First Article Inspection)
• Receive items into Goods Receipt inspection area, locate items physically and on the company ERP system.
• Verify delivery conformance against supplier end item.
• Raise non-conformance reports on company system when items do not meet requirements.
• Where required the involvement with the investigation into root casue of non-conforming product and the implementation of corrective and preventive action
• Where authorised the signing of release documentation to state the conformity of product
Mansfield is a market town in Nottinghamshire, England, the main town in the District of Mansfield and Mansfield Urban Area. Mansfield gained the Royal Charter of a market town in 1227. The town lies in the Maun Valley, 12 miles (19 km) north of Nottingham, and is near Sutton-in-Ashfield. Most of the 106,556 population live within the town proper (including Mansfield Woodhouse), with Market Warsop as a secondary centre. It is the only local authority in Nottinghamshire directly to elect its mayor.