Banner Default Image

The day to day duties, tasks, and responsibilities of auto mechanics are stated in the following job description example:

  • Diagnose and detect mechanical faults in cars manually or by the use of computer diagnostic programs

  • Examine vehicle parts to ensure that they are working perfectly

  • Maintain and repair vehicles for customers

  • Assist customers in carrying out routine maintenance on vehicles, such as changing oil, lubricating frictional car parts and tightening bots and nuts

  • Help customers in buying quality car parts for replacement

  • Replaced damaged or worn-out car parts

  • Keep customers informed on the condition of the car, problems detected, and cost of repair

  • Answer customers’ inquiries and render advice on vehicle maintenance

  • Ensure safety of vehicles brought in for repair

  • Test drive each vehicle after repair.

​Market Harborough is a market town within the Harborough district of Leicestershire, England. It is situated in the far southeast of the county, forming part of the border with Northamptonshire.

Harborough District has a population of 91,461 (2017)[1] and Market Harborough is the district's administrative headquarters.[2] It sits on the Northamptonshire-Leicestershire border. The town was formerly at a crossroads for both road and rail; however the A6 now bypasses the town to the east and the A14 which carries east-west traffic is 6 miles (9.7 km) to the south. Market Harborough railway station is served by East Midlands Railway services on the Midland Main Line with direct services north to Leicester, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield and south to London St Pancras. Rail services to Rugby and Peterborough ended in 1966.

Market Harborough is located in an area which was formerly a part of the Rockingham Forest, a royal hunting forest used by the medieval monarchs starting with William I. Rockingham Road takes its name from the forest. The forest's original boundaries stretched from Market Harborough through to Stamford and included the settlements at Corby, Kettering, Desborough, Rothwell, Thrapston and Oundle.

The steeple of St Dionysius' Church rises directly from the street, as there is no churchyard. It was constructed in grey stone in 1300 with the church itself a later building of about 1470. Next to the church stands the Old Grammar School, a small timber building dating from 1614. The ground floor is open, creating a covered market area and there is a single room on the first floor. It has become a symbol of the town. The nearby square is largely pedestrianised and surrounded by buildings of varying styles. The upper end of the High Street is wide and contains mostly unspoiled Georgian buildings.

Market Harborough has two villages within its confines: Great Bowden lies over a hill about a mile from the town centre; Little Bowden is less than half a mile from the town centre. The three centres have largely coalesced through ribbon development and infill, although Great Bowden continues to retain a strong village identity.

Latest jobs