You will be responsible for the preparation, spraying and finishing of a wide variety of high end furniture products. The role requires you to inspect, prepare, sand, spray and polish bespoke products in a range of paint, lacquer and specialist finishes.
We are looking for individuals who must have experience with all types of solvent, water-based paint, wood stains, lacquers and other related custom products, especially high gloss, burnished paint, lacquer finishes and metal resins.
You will also be responsible for monitoring materials, control stock levels and place orders with the buying team.
Candidate Responsibilitiesand Duties:
- Prepare items for spraying, including cutting back, sanding, and polishing lacquer to a high standard.
- Working with the production team to discuss finishes and colour requirements.
- Estimate time required for jobs, whilst taking responsibility for finishing furniture to a high standard on time.
- Produce samples and bespoke finishes for customer approval.
- Removing imperfections, repair and correct defects.
- Selecting and applying finishing lubricants such as varnish, stains, paint, resin or shellac.
- Manage Quality control with visual quality checks and report any defects.
- Carry out regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Completing job reports (digital and paper).
- Competent in Health & Safety procedures
- Experienced and skilled in spraying of paint/lacquers, specialist finishes and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of luxury and high-end furniture finishes, working with solid woods, veneers and metal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Background in Furniture finishing, french polishing experience is beneficial.
- Clear communication skills both written and spoken in clear English.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team.
Enthusiastic and co-operative nature.
North West England is one of nine official regions of England and consists of the counties of Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside. The North West had a population of 7,052,000 in 2011. It is the third-most-populated region in the United Kingdom, after the South East and Greater London. The largest settlements are Manchester and Liverpool.