Banner Default Image

​A foreman is the main link between our clients shop floor team and management team. The foreman is responsible for the team’s day to day activities, ensuring smooth and efficient performance and achievement of goals. The foreman should handle the day to day challenges and work under the direction of the Service Operations Manager to provide direction to the shop floor engineering team.

Main Responsibilities:

  • Give toolbox talks and actively raise safe systems of work including risk assessments, embracing the company’s core value of 'Safety First’;

  • Investigate near misses, accidents and quality issues with a focus on root cause analysis;

  • Supervise the activities of the industrial workshop facility with direct accountability for labour, materials, plant and equipment;

  • Monitor stock levels of consumables and equipment;

  • Chair workshop floor meetings, motivating and driving the team, working to a project plan and budget;

  • Ensure legible audit trail in line with defined quality and manufacturing procedures, e.g. weld maps, weld logs and root cards;

  • Conduct inspection of equipment and monitor quality and service performance, duly raising and addressing any non-conformance;

  • Maintenance of tools and equipment, ensuring cleanliness and safety;

  • Conduct and control work, being a pillar of knowledge for the team, with the ability to provide technical training and direction to subordinates.

​Market Harborough is a market town within the Harborough district of Leicestershire, England. It is situated in the far southeast of the county, forming part of the border with Northamptonshire.

Harborough District has a population of 91,461 (2017)[1] and Market Harborough is the district's administrative headquarters.[2] It sits on the Northamptonshire-Leicestershire border. The town was formerly at a crossroads for both road and rail; however the A6 now bypasses the town to the east and the A14 which carries east-west traffic is 6 miles (9.7 km) to the south. Market Harborough railway station is served by East Midlands Railway services on the Midland Main Line with direct services north to Leicester, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield and south to London St Pancras. Rail services to Rugby and Peterborough ended in 1966.

Market Harborough is located in an area which was formerly a part of the Rockingham Forest, a royal hunting forest used by the medieval monarchs starting with William I. Rockingham Road takes its name from the forest. The forest's original boundaries stretched from Market Harborough through to Stamford and included the settlements at Corby, Kettering, Desborough, Rothwell, Thrapston and Oundle.

The steeple of St Dionysius' Church rises directly from the street, as there is no churchyard. It was constructed in grey stone in 1300 with the church itself a later building of about 1470. Next to the church stands the Old Grammar School, a small timber building dating from 1614. The ground floor is open, creating a covered market area and there is a single room on the first floor. It has become a symbol of the town. The nearby square is largely pedestrianised and surrounded by buildings of varying styles. The upper end of the High Street is wide and contains mostly unspoiled Georgian buildings.

Market Harborough has two villages within its confines: Great Bowden lies over a hill about a mile from the town centre; Little Bowden is less than half a mile from the town centre. The three centres have largely coalesced through ribbon development and infill, although Great Bowden continues to retain a strong village identity.

Latest jobs