Grantham - £40k – £43k (depending on experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Control Systems Engineer role in the Grantham area.
The company values its employees and has a large proportion of their staff who have worked with them for over 20 years, and they are now looking to support this by adding some new members to their team to accommodate a projected increase in turnover.
You will be working for a company that prides itself on the after sales service they provide to all their clients. Therefore, the ideal candidate would be someone that places high importance on being readily available to assist with any technical issues faced by clients over the telephone.
It is required for the Control System Engineer to have knowledge and experience of PLCs, SCADA, HMI and Electrical Control Systems for a well-respected Electrical Control Panel Manufacturer and System Integrator.
You will be involved in project-based design of Automated Controls Systems from inception project documentation, system programming and testing to final on-site commissioning.
What to expect:
• Responsible for taking a PLC software project from its inception through to final commissioning.
• PLC programming, primarily Rockwell and Schneider.
• HMI and SCADA configuration. (SCADA experience would be preferable but not essential)
• Writing of functional and test specifications.
• Commissioning on site (Predominantly within Anglian Water region) - travelling away from the office would typically be up to 20% of the engineer’s time.
What we’re looking for:
• Someone with the ability to work independently or as part of a team and to interface with electrical engineers to deliver functional automation control systems.
• Background in Electrical Controls Design.
• Knowledge and experience of PLC and SCADA + HMI programming.
The successful candidates will have specific knowledge of:
• Electrical Control System design covering Motor Starters, Soft Start Units, Inverter Drives and general low voltage control circuits.
• PLC programming on various platforms, Rockwell, Schneider, and others, for multitasking control of industrial automation process – Primarily but not limited to Water/Sewage Type Applications.
• SCADA and HMI interface software.
If this sounds like an ideal role for you, we would love to hear from you!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.