Head of Repairs and Maintenance
• Competitive Salary (open to negotiation)
• Very attractive overall benefits, pensions & holiday package
• Immediate start for the right candidate
• Majority home based and flexible working.
About Our Client
Our client is a large local authority in the East Midlands, who are looking for a Head of Repairs and Maintenance to oversee technical housing services of social housing.
What you’ll be doing
The Head of Repairs and Maintenance will be responsible for providing some of the Council's flagship housing services, namely the Repairs and Improvements Services.
You will manage 2 department of up to 100 direct employees and a further number indirectly via a supply chain of contractors for specialist works.
Responsible for delivering all services to required standards within area of control and all functions such as Project Management & Supervision, Compliance with Legislation, Building & Quantity Surveying, Asset Management, Mechanical & Electrical.
Does this sound like you?
• Degree educated (or qualified by experience) and five years’ experience of technical and organisational knowledge in a related field
• Up to date knowledge of appropriate regulation, legislation and practice in Building and Construction
• Experience of delivering local authority services at a senior level
• Experience of management and control of budgets for including monitoring, reporting and preparation of estimates
• Demonstrate effective presentation and communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively building trust, mediating, conciliating, negotiating and delegating.
What’s on Offer
Excellent salary (negotiable)
Opportunity for additional reward for high performance
Attractive overall benefits, pension and holiday entitlement
Immediate start for the right candidate
Majority home based and flexible working.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.