Rutland – £24,244 working hours of 44 per week on a Term Time plus basis
We have a rare opportunity within a first-class Science department for a Science Technician to join a prestigious school.
The Science Technician provides technical and administrative support throughout the department as they deliver first-class education to their students. Closely assisting teaching staff to ensure that experimental works form a key part of pupils’ learning.
As Science Technician you will also have provide excellent administrative skills and be IT literate with familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook to assist with any data-logging requirements.
£24,244 with 44 hours per week on Term Time plus hours (Term time only).
What you’ll be doing
• Preparing, setting out and clearing away apparatus and chemicals, experiments and demonstrations
• Servicing the laboratories and other practical areas in the department, maintaining class sets of equipment kept in each laboratory
• Checking inventories and maintaining records and advising the team leader of impending shortfalls
What we’re looking for
• Experience of working in a science laboratory
• Some expertise of working in a Science-based environment
• A good level of manual dexterity
• IT literate and familiarity with Microsoft Office
What’s on offer
The annual holiday entitlement is all within the School holidays.
They offer staff a community that values people. They are warm, compassionate and mutually supportive. This is reflected in their working environment and the benefits they are able to offer.
• 50% contribution to premiums for a private health scheme
• Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre
• Free staff lunches in term-time
• School fee discount for children of staff
• Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice
• Occupational Health Services to support staff who have health/medical issues
• Free annual flu jabs
• Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
• Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
• Working towards Investors in Diversity
• They have a defined contribution scheme: employee contribution matched by factor of two, up to 10%.
They have a defined contribution scheme.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency.
RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and embraces applications from all sections of society, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender identity, sex, disability, marital status, religion, or belief.
RecruitME is also committed to working alongside veterans and ex-servicemen and women.