Mechanical Engineer – Nottingham
Nottingham – Salary depending on experience + annual bonus
We are representing a forward thinking global company who have a real passion for what they do and how they develop their staff.
A rare opportunity now exists for a Mechanical Engineer to join them in a newly created role in Nottinghamshire.
With a fantastic work environment and culture, working for my client is not just the opportunity to take on a new role but will definitely be a lifestyle changer.
Our Client is looking for an engineer with experience in automotive or other vehicle drivetrain transmission design and development, to join their team delivering projects for leading global OEMs.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced and qualified Mechanical Engineer from the vehicle manufacturing sector to join an ambitious and extremely successful organisation with the responsibility for mechanical engineering development aspects across a range of powertrain projects.
As a Mechanical Engineer you’ll be involved in all aspects of Drivetrain development including:
• Contributing to the technical aspects of projects
• Drivetrain design, review & optimisation
• Drivetrain development troubleshooting (e.g. durability, vibration etc.)
• Concept design development
• Rotating machinery (e.g. gearbox, motors, actuators) design
• CAE using bespoke CAD package (3D)
• Creating drawings of drivetrain components and assemblies
Does this sound like you?
This is an incredibly technical position and requires certain levels of academic and practical experience and the following:
• High level qualifications (typically degree) in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or related subject
• A good understanding of the development process for transmissions or similar complex mechanical components
• In-depth knowledge of the use of simulation technology such as FE analysis, CAE, gear design software, or a good appreciation of how such tools are used in the design process
• Sound knowledge of manufacturing for mechanical components
• Experience within a related area (ideally the automotive industry but similar will be considered
• Solid problem-solving skills and an interest in developing additional skills (CAD, analysis, CAE tools etc.)
My client offers an extensive benefits package, unrivalled employee benefits and working environment, including an excellent basic salary based on your experience, a great annual bonus scheme, 34 days paid leave each year and private health and Life assurance.
This is a rare opportunity to join a company who will support you on your professional development journey.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Enquiry Form below.
You can also keep up to date with our latest news and vacancies on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter: