Supply Chain Manager – Grantham
Grantham area £35k – £40k
RecruitME are recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain / Purchasing professional to join a business located in the Grantham area.
This is a dynamic business that operates in a fast moving and challenging environment. My client would like the ideal candidate to be ambitious and be passionate about the organisation they work for to help drive the company forward.
Our client has embarked on a significant business transformation program that will focus on leadership, strategy, culture, skills and operational excellence. So, it’s a great time to come onboard as you will be key in their success as they embark on a journey of major growth.
The suitable candidate should ideally come from the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence or Nuclear sectors.
The Supply Chain Manager will be a strategically focused supply chain specialist who will oversee the materials, planning, logistics and stores and functions for their busy and innovative manufacturing facility.
The business has industry leading products and is looking at entering into new markets.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role will take full strategic responsibility for Supply Chain whilst interacting with the wider business on engineering, production and planning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team consisting of materials, planning, logistics and stores
- Manage a supply of goods and materials to support the production program
- Achieve business targets in terms of inventory turns, cost reductions, supplier performance metrics etc.
- Develop new sources of supply in line with product technological requirements
- Promote a high performance organisation within Supply Chain function
- Manage working capital with regards to Inventory management and supplier payment
- Develop and maintain third party shipping providers
- Lead management of key supplier relationships; encouraging value-based strategic partnerships
- Working with other areas of the business to take forward designs and prototypes of new products
The ideal Supply Chain Manager will need to be driven and be able to show true leadership qualities.
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant sector experience
- Significant experience with managing a team
- A proven track record of enhancing a supply chain and delivering on projects
- Familiar with MRP and ERP systems
- Ideally will have a Supply Chain/Engineering Degree (not essential)
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Enquiry Form below.
You can also keep up to date with our latest news and vacancies on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter: