Systems Safety Engineer Aerospace – East Midlands
East Midlands – CIRCA £50k depending on experience
Do you want to take that next step in your professional career and join an organisation that takes great pride in their employees, implements successful development plans and a great work life balance.
Our client is an international leader in the development of cutting edge products deployed across a wide range of airborne platforms for Aerospace and Defence customers.
They now have an opportunity for a Safety Engineer join them in the East Midlands.
Our fast growing client are a close- knit, skilled design team working at the cutting edge of developments.
They are an organisation that places great emphasis on personal development, so you will receive on the job training with the opportunity to be upskilled to develop your skill set.
A new role has been created for a Safety Engineer to support the on-going development of bespoke mission systems.
Working directly for the Chief Safety Engineer, key aspects of the role will include conducting safety and security-risk analysis on mission support systems and producing System Safety Analysis Reports and Safety Assessment Reports.
The Safety Engineer will support ongoing maintenance, control and configuration management of all documentation and records and assist with non-safety engineering tasks, configuration and testing of production systems and assisting project support teams.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Someone Who…
- Is a team player with a “can-do” attitude that performs effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment and promotes the values of inclusiveness and diversity
- Is confident in their ability to help solve complex problems, asks challenging questions to develop their understanding, and suggests new ideas to further our product offering and increase our added value
- Is a self-starter, with an ability to manage their own workload and meet their agreed objectives, whilst also contributing to the development and delivery of wider operational goals
- Displays enthusiasm about learning new skills and technology, and takes their own self-development seriously
What we’re looking for….
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience
- An understanding of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer’s requirement
- Experience of requirements capture and management (e.g. in DOORS)
- Aerospace and Avionic System domain knowledge is welcomed but not essential
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Safety and Environmental Engineering techniques
- Experience in demonstrating functional safety within software intensive systems Knowledge and experience in Hazard Log development and management using appropriate support applications such as DOORS
- An understanding of the impact of security to system architecture
Our client’s environment is designed to encourage collaborative working, and you will be surrounded by many specialists with extensive knowledge of their fields.
Proactive individuals will find that there are many opportunities available in such a fast growing and multi-disciplinary organisation, which makes the opportunity an excellent career choice.
It is a rare opportunity, salary dependant on experience plus an unrivalled package of benefits.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Enquiry Form below.
You can also keep up to date with our latest news and vacancies on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter: