Nottingham – £competitive depending on experience + annual bonus + relocation package
We are representing a forward thinking company that works across automotive, motorsport, wind energy, off road, rail, marine and aerospace. They have a real passion for what they do, how they develop their staff and have ambitious plans.
An opportunity now exists for Head of Systems & Controls to join a dynamic team based in Nottingham.
You will join a fast growing, award-winning business who develop the World’s leading software for rotating machinery and electro-mechanical systems.
They count some of the World’s major automotive, motorsport, aerospace and renewable energy companies as customers and close technology partners.
Our client is at the forefront of designing the next generation of energy efficient drive and power generation systems, including multi-megawatt wind turbines and electric vehicle powertrains.
This opportunity is to lead the Hybrid & Electrical Systems divisions, leading a team delivering on-going client HEV & EV projects. It is therefore essential you have Electric Vehicle experience.
The Head of Systems & Controls will be based in Nottingham and be responsible for leading the System and Controls function, IP creation and e-drive proposal and project delivery activities, particularly in control systems and associated technologies.
If you’re a degree qualified, and ideally chartered, electrical and/or electronics engineer with a significant track record in control systems, hybridisation and product design and application, then we’d like to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in control systems for hybrid vehicle systems and extensive experience in the application of these systems in production projects
- An analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Fluency in model-based development languages and an understanding of C-Code
- A history of defining and preparing winning proposals, with the ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships at senior level and profitable revenue streams
- An understanding of project delivery within a systems engineering environment and familiarity with the delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation.
- A passion for crafting new ideas and promoting business cases for patent application
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated personality, which compliments your drive and dedication to deliver technically challenging projects
You will have the opportunity to learn and develop through the shared knowledge and experience of many talented and gifted colleagues.
This is a rare opportunity for continuous professional development, with a company who will support you on the journey towards Chartership with the Imeche and IET.
My client offers a fantastic benefits package of great training and development as well as a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday, flexible working, BUPA private health insurance, company pension, life assurance, income protection, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle scheme, Computer scheme, regular social events, and free fruit, tea and coffee every day!
A relocation package could be offered for the right candidate.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Upon submission of an application to RecruitME, you consent to the collection and retention of your personal data. As detailed in our Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data for the purpose of considering your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to RecruitME but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
Be aware that you maintain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To apply, please email email@example.com or use the Enquiry Form below.
You can also keep up to date with our latest news and vacancies on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter: