Quality Inspector Aerospace
Dimensional and visual quality inspection of machined and fabricated aerospace components
Successful candidates will be familiar in goods receipt inspection of parts and materials from suppliers, raising & actioning supplied product non-conformances and use of multiple company IT systems.
In addition, you will be work closely with Goods Receiving, Supply Chain Quality, Procurement & Engineering Services for Manufacturing to ensure product is progressed through Receipt Inspection process in a timely manner.
• Must have previous experience, dimensional checking within a precision engineering, aerospace or machine shop environment- ideally goods receipt or final inspection
• Be competent at dimensional checking using hand held measuring tools such as Vernier's, Micrometres etc. - Tested at interview
• Must be able to interpret detailed engineering drawings - tested at interview
• Able to work with minimal supervision once fully authorised but also as part of a team.
• Visually inspect items for handling damage, machining errors & surface treatment condition and defects.
• Compliance with all pertinent work procedures & work instructions within the quality manual
• Physical dimensional inspection on all machined/fabricated components using basic inspection tools, including height gauge, Vernier, micrometer, pins, thread gauges, etc.
• Independent review/measurement and verification of product and associated documentation against the work card, relevant inspection plan, purchase order, drawing & specification requirements.
• Produce FAIs (First Article Inspection)
• Receive items into Goods Receipt inspection area, locate items physically and on the company ERP system.
• Verify delivery conformance against supplier end item.
• Raise non-conformance reports on company system when items do not meet requirements.
• Where required the involvement with the investigation into root casue of non-conforming product and the implementation of corrective and preventive action
• Where authorised the signing of release documentation to state the conformity of product
Lincoln (/ˈlɪŋkən/) is a cathedral city and county town of Lincolnshire in the East Midlands of England. The non-metropolitan district of Lincoln had a 2012 population of 94,600. The 2011 census gave the urban area of Lincoln, which includes North Hykeham and Waddington, a population of 130,200.
Roman Lindum Colonia developed from an Iron Age settlement on the River Witham. The city's landmarks include Lincoln Cathedral, an example of English Gothic architecture and the tallest building in the world for over 200 years, and the 11th-century Norman Lincoln Castle. The city is home to the University of Lincoln and Bishop Grosseteste University, and to Lincoln City FC and Lincoln United FC.