Heating / Gas Engineer
Shrewsbury £38k including call out allowance plus van, hand & power tools provided, additional leave and extensive employee benefits
A great opportunity has arisen for a Heating Engineer to join a growing and housing company, where you’ll be based at the Shrewsbury depot.
As a new Heating Engineer, you’ll be joining an experienced Gas Team on a permanent basis.
Hand and power tools and van provided.
My client is an excellent and well-respected name within their sector, the work being both long-term and stable in the current climate. They’re one of the largest providers of affordable homes in the area, employing over 1,000 people.
As a Heating Engineer, you’ll carry out the installation of gas fired boilers / heating installations including air source heating systems in homes and other properties. You’ll also be required to complete inspections and complete void cap off to void properties.
You’ll also complete inspections and reinstate the gas supply and complete turn on and test to new tenanted properties.
What we’re looking for:
- ACS accreditation as a Heating Engineer
- ACS Qualifications: CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1 and Unvented hot water
- NVQ Level 2 in Gas, Plumbing or Heating
- Demonstrate experience working as a gas heating engineer
- Experience of working within the housing sector
What’s on offer?
· As a Heating Engineer, you’ll be given the hand and power tools for your role as well as a company van. You will also get:
· Comprehensive induction programme and excellent learning opportunities; with mandatory and specialist training available
· 25 days’ holiday (increasing with each year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days) + bank holidays and three concessionary days over the Christmas period
· Offer the option to join our contributory pension scheme
· Access to a dedicated Employee Healthcare Portal
· Eye care vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
Joining our client, you’ll get flexible working options such as hybrid working and adaptable schedules, to enable you to develop your career while maintaining a great work-life balance.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of RecruitME who are acting as a recruitment agency. RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.RecruitME is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and embraces applications from all sections of society, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender identity, sex, disability, marital status, religion, or belief.RecruitME is a Gold Award holder and a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and is committed to working alongside veterans and ex-servicemen and women.